Loved by young and old, this Cranberry Almond Cookies recipe is studded with nutty almond flakes and chopped cranberries. The base of earthy and fruity flavours is complemented perfectly by the sweet icing on top.
Eggs are a key ingredient in making cookies and cakes. And as eggs are a wonderful whole food what better way to introduce them into the diets of young children than through a tasty treat like cookies! QL Omega eggs have 50% less cholesterol as compared to ordinary eggs, plus they are enrich with Omega-3 and DHA and completely free from synthetic colours.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Makes: 45 pieces
|100 g||butter, softened|
|50 g||icing sugar|
|1||QL Omega egg yolk|
|¼ tsp||vanilla essence|
|160 g||plain flour|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|30 g||ground almond|
|30 g||almond flakes, lightly toasted and crushed|
|50 g||dried cranberries, chopped|
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and smooth.
- Add the QL Omega egg yolk and vanilla essence, cream a bit more.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, mix in the ground almond.
- Fold the dry mixture, almond flakes and cranberries into the butter mixture.
- Place dough in between 2 sheets of plastic, roll into ½ cm thick. Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter. Alternatively, roll the cookies into balls and flatten slightly into small, fairly thick discs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for around 15 - 20 minutes or until cookies are golden.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.