The Dongzhi festival is one of the most important Chinese festivals, marking the arrival of winter. It is a time for the family to get together and enjoy good times over a bowl of delicious tang yuan (glutinous rice balls), which symbolise reunion.
In conjunction with the festival next week, we’ve brought you a simple, yet wholesome twist on your tang yuan recipe with convenient Figo Tang Yuan, a new product from Figo. It’s a convenient alternative to making it from scratch, yet it tastes exactly like your favourite homemade dish.
|20 ml||evaporated milk|
|9 pieces||Figo Tang Yuan (glutinous rice balls) Red Bean Flavor/Sesame Flavor|
- Boil pumpkin and sugar with water for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Blend pumpkin together until smooth.
- Boil a pot of water then add in Figo Tang Yuan. Cook until Figo Tang Yuan floats and remove.
- Spoon pumpkin soup into a bowl then place Figo Tang Yuan on top of it.
- Drizzle with evaporated milk and serve.
To find out more about QL Figo Foods products and where to buy them, click here.