If you’re looking for a quick and heavenly delicious sponge cake with whipped cream and mixed fruits, try out this Fruity Vanilla Swiss Roll recipe. These aromatic fruits are combined with whipping cream which has a lower fat content then double cream to make delicious filling for a delightfully light and soft vanilla sponge.
Give your Swiss roll recipe an easy health boost by choosing QL Omega eggs, which have up to half the cholesterol of ordinary eggs. And with their added Omega-3, you get twice the health benefits.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Vanilla Sponge (A):
|100 g||QL Omega egg yolk|
|30 g||cooking oil|
|85 g||plain flour|
|1||QL Omega whole egg|
|Pinch of salt|
Vanilla Sponge (B):
|170 g||QL Omega egg white|
|2 g||cream of tartar|
|1 tbsp||icing sugar|
|½ tsp||vanilla essence|
|50 g||peach cocktail (cubed)|
|½||green kiwi (cubed)|
|8 pieces||strawberries (cubed)|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, beat together QL Omega egg yolk and cooking oil. Then add in milk.
- Add in sifted flour and salt, followed by QL Omega egg and mix well.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the QL Omega egg white until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and cream of tartar, continuously whisk until soft peak.
- Fold one third of (B) into (A) and mix well, then fold the rest until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the tray and give the tray a good tap to smooth the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until the cake is just set.
- To make the cream filling, beat the cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
- To make the fruit filling, combine all fruits together in a bowl.
- When cake is done, give it a couple of good taps. Slide it off the pan and let it cool on a cooling rack.
- When the cake is cooled, place another piece of parchment paper over the cake and turn the cake over. Carefully peel off the parchment paper that was baking with the cake.
- Put a layer of cream filling on the cake, top with fruit filling and roll the long side up.
- Let the cake cool in the chiller for at least an hour. Cut into slices to serve.
QL Omega & QL Deli Fresh eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here.