These coconut tarts are fragrant with gula Melaka and pandan….absolutely yummy! We recommend baking the tarts just before buka puasa so they can be served nice and warm.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 25 small tartlets
|65 g||salted butter|
|30 g||icing sugar|
|145 g||plain flour|
|10 g||ground almond|
|20 g||QL Deli Fresh egg|
Gula Melaka Coconut:
|30 g||gula Melaka|
|10 g||brown sugar|
|100 g||freshly grated coconut|
|15 g||QL Deli Fresh egg|
- Make the gula Melaka coconut by placing water, gula Melaka, brown sugar and pandan leaf in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and butter. Microwave for another 2 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Add the 15g of QL Deli Fresh egg and stir well. Set aside.
- For the tart, cream butter and icing sugar until creamy then add in QL Deli Fresh eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour and ground almond, then add to the butter mixture and form a dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough and press onto a tart mould. Prick the dough with a fork. Repeat to fill more moulds with the remaining dough.
- Spoon coconut mixture onto tart base and bake tart in a preheated oven at 160°C for 15-20 minutes
- Remove tarts from moulds and serve warm.