Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Makes: 14 – 16 eggs
|10 ml||lime juice|
|4||QL Omega Eggs|
|2 g||Vietnamese black instant coffee + 50 ml water|
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
- To prepare the egg shells, using a tack puncture, remove the top of the QL Omega Egg and swirl the tack around to loosen the hole. Drain the eggs and save it for custard mixture.
- Rinse the eggs shells with salt water three times or until water runs clear out of them.
- Using aluminium foil, create a nest to secure the egg shells in the muffin tin.
- To make the caramel, in a saucepan, bring to boil sugar and water. Make sure to not stir the mixture. Then, add lime juice and cook until dark golden brown. Quickly pour the caramel into the egg shells. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Using medium-high heat, bring it to a simmer while stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat before adding vanilla essence and coffee. Stir well.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk QL Omega Eggs. Then, pour in the simmering milk mixture. Continue to whisk.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and divide custard evenly among the egg shells.
- Transfer the muffin tin onto a tray with water bath. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from oven when the custard is set and slightly golden brown.
- Cover and set aside in the refrigerator to cool. Serve cold.