This healthy banana muffin recipe is super nourishing; just right to start your little ones’ day the right way. We bring you: Banana Walnut Raisin Muffins.
Preparing breakfast for your little ones can be a challenge. After all, children are not easy to please. Parents constantly worry about kids not getting enough nutrition from the food they eat. This week, QL Kitchen brings you an easy banana muffin recipe that you can serve as a delicious and filling breakfast. It also makes a great addition to any child’s lunch box.
Made with QL Omega eggs, flour, bananas, walnuts, raisins and other ingredients, the muffins are rich in omega acids, fibre and nutrients, making it an ideal food-on-the-go for children.
|300 g||ripe bananas, preferably pisang emas (Lady Finger bananas)|
|100 g||butter, melted and cooled|
|150 g||caster sugar|
|2||QL Omega eggs, beaten|
|230 g||plain flour|
|100 g||walnuts, coarsely chopped|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract/essence|
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line muffin trays with muffin paper cups or arrange stand-alone muffin paper cups on a baking tray.
- Peel bananas and mash well with a potato masher.
- Sift plain flour together with baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nuts in a large mixing bowl, stir well.
- In another bowl, mix mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract/essence with a wire whisk or wooden spatula until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, pour in banana mixture.
- Fold the banana mixture with a rubber or wooden spatula into the flour mixture, sprinkle in the raisins and stir briefly until just combined. Do not overmix the batter or you will end up with tough chewy muffins.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups until about 2/3 full.
- Bake about 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick/skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- You can toast the walnuts in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes (180 C) then cool and coarsely chopped, for a better aroma and crunchier texture.
- Caster sugar can be replaced with soft brown sugar
- Nuts may be a choking hazard to toddlers or young children, so you can omit the walnuts from the recipe if this is a concern to you.
- The muffins can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL eggs, click here.