These soft and cottony buns are topped with melted cheddar cheese and healthy tuna mayo filling, making it a favourite choice for kids and the whole family.
For our Tuna Cheese Bun we have used QL Deli Fresh eggs for the great taste and extra health benefits they bring. Both the white and yolk of QL Deli Fresh eggs are rich in nutrients – proteins, vitamins and minerals with the yolk also containing low cholesterol, fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. And don’t forgot that eggs are regarded as a ‘complete’ source of protein as they contain all eight essential amino acids; the ones we cannot synthesise in our bodies and must obtain from our diet.
For Bun Dough (A):
|200 g||bread flour|
|50 g||plain flour|
|2 ½ tsp||yeast|
For Bun Dough (B):
|20 g||QL Deli Fresh egg|
For Bun Dough (C):
|50 g||grated cheddar cheese|
|40 g||QL Mayo (refer to earlier recipe)|
|80 g||tuna flakes|
- Put (A) into mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in (B) and knead until dough is formed, add (C) gradually and knead dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and proof in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces (about 120 g each) and roll each into a ball. Place the dough balls at least 3 inches apart on a greased baking tray or a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Leave dough to proof in a warm place again for 30 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. By using a pair of scissors, gently cut a cross on top and in the middle of the bun. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the bun.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 20 minutes. Transfer buns to a cooling rack.
- For topping, combine QL mayo with tuna flakes, spoon mixture over to the middle top of the bun. Garnish with parsley and ready to serve.